[Openvas-plugins] cpe and logs
margaus M.
2017-04-10 12:38:52 UTC
Hello Team,

When do I have to build a cpe in my plugin? Does OpenVAS work with NIST
database or OpenVAS has its owns? Why is it that we have to build cpe and
where are they located?

I am trying to see the logs, so I am looking for "openvasd.nessages" file
but with no success. I don't have such file in OpenVAS. Why is that? How
can I do it?

Hope you can solve my doubts. Thank you

Regards!
Christian Fischer
2017-04-10 12:47:40 UTC
Post by margaus M.
When do I have to build a cpe in my plugin? Does OpenVAS work with NIST
database or OpenVAS has its owns? Why is it that we have to build cpe and
where are they located?
see my commit an hour ago how to register and use CPEs within your NVTs:

https://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-nvts-commits/2017-April/005904.html

As long as a CPE exists on https://nvd.nist.gov/products/cpe we're using
these.
Post by margaus M.
I am trying to see the logs, so I am looking for "openvasd.nessages" file
but with no success. I don't have such file in OpenVAS. Why is that? How
can I do it?
As advised in one of my previous mails please use openvas-discuss to ask
questions not related to NVTs (plugins):

Regards,
--
Christian Fischer | PGP Key: 0x54F3CE5B76C597AD
Greenbone Networks GmbH | http://greenbone.net